вторник, 14 февраля 2012 г.

Seasons


Картинка 12 из 213676


There are four seasons in a year: spring, summer, autumn and winter. But my favourite season is winter.
Winter is the coldest season of the year. The winter months are December, January and February. The winter days are short and gloomy. It often snows and it freezes. Winter is a very beautiful season too. Many people like it very much.
People like winter because they can have a lot of fun during this season. They can ski and skate, sledge and play hockey. Children usually play snowballs and make snowmen in winter.
Animals usually sleep during the winter, for example bears.
As for me, I like winter because my favourite holidays are in winter. They are New Year’s Day and Christmas.
There are a lot of New Year’s traditions in Russia. In every home there is a New Year tree; children always meet Father Frost and Snow Maiden with presents. People celebrate this holiday at midnight on the 31st of December.
We celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January. It is a religious holiday and many people go to the church this day.
Well, I like winter, but I think other seasons are nice, too.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий